Emissions Reduction Fund Green Paper released
The Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) is a central element of the Australian Government's Direct Action Plan. The ERF will be designed to source low-cost emissions reductions from across the Australian economy.
The GBCA is working with other members of the Australian Sustainable Built Environment Council (ASBEC) to provide feedback on the design of the ERF. A joint submission regarding the ERF Terms of Reference was made in November 2013.
The Australian Government released a Green Paper on 20 December 2013 which outlines the Government's preferred options for design of the ERF. The GBCA will continue to work with ASBEC members to provide input to this consultation and the ASBEC submission will include the report Delivering Carbon Abatement Through Direct Action, commissioned by the Property Council of Australia and prepared by ACIL Allen Consulting. The consultation period for the Green Paper closes on 21 February 2014 and we welcome input from our own members to this process.
In addition to public consultation, the Australian Government has convened an Expert Reference Group to provide high level advice on the design of the ERF. The Expert Reference Group is made up of leading industry and academic experts including Romilly Madew, Chief Executive of the GBCA. The Expert Reference Group held its first meeting this week.
Please contact Katy Dean, Manager - Advocacy to find out more, or to provide input to the ERF Green Paper or other consultations including NSW Energy Saving Scheme Review and NSW Inquiry into Social, Public and Affordable Housing.
Senior Manager - Policy and Government Relations
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 02 8239 6233
Email: [email protected]
In This Section
- Taking Charge of ChangeThu 30 Jun 2016
- A word from Rom - What makes a city great?Fri 20 Nov 2015
- A word from Rom - Shake it upWed 21 Oct 2015
- World Green Building Week 2015 wrap upWed 21 Oct 2015
- Notice of 2015 Annual General MeetingTue 20 Oct 2015
- A word from Rom - A springboard to sustainable successMon 19 Oct 2015
- Changes to the Green Building Council of Australia’s ConstitutionWed 2 Sep 2015
- A word from Rom - Opportunities aboundMon 24 Aug 2015
- Leadership leaves a legacyThu 20 Aug 2015
- GBCA makes submission on changes to National Construction CodeThu 20 Aug 2015