Development of ‘deemed-to-satisfy’ criteria
As part of Green Star Revolution, we promised to reduce documentation requirements. One way we’re doing this is by developing ‘deemed-to-satisfy’ criteria for a number of credits that currently require extensive documentation.
Deemed-to-satisfy criteria will reduce the time and cost involved with the certification process for credits that are generally assessed through modelling practices.
According to Green Star Technical Manager, Jorge Chapa, the work has been undertaken through the Green Star – Custom process.
“As we’ve been developing customised rating tools, we have explored how modelling-intensive credits can be accessed through other options. For example, we’re looking at how to make the ‘Access to Daylight’ credit easier to use, by substituting often-expensive daylight modelling with simple measurements of the floor plan.
“Another example is developing a method for assessing the energy consumption of a building through deemed-to-satisfy options. We started the ball rolling through the Green Star – Custom process, and are now developing it further for Green Star – Interiors,” Jorge explains.
“The work we’ve done so far has confirmed that introducing deemed-to-satisfy criteria for modelling credits is no longer just an option for Green Star - it is part of how we deliver more efficient rating tools.”
In This Section
- Contribute your expertise to the future of Green Star Design and ConstructionThu 16 May 2013
- Creating sustainable food for the soulWed 15 May 2013
- Australia's challenge: liveable, competitive, productive AND sustainableWed 17 Apr 2013
- Building a sustainable legacy for our schoolsThu 28 Mar 2013
- Green Star submission templates and more launched at Green Cities 2013Mon 18 Mar 2013
- The GBCA to collaborate with Austrade and other GBCs on trade mission to the Middle EastMon 18 Mar 2013
- Green Cities 2013: Embracing our challenges with optimismMon 18 Mar 2013
- Resilience - the challenge for greener citiesMon 18 Mar 2013
- Beta testing puts Green Star - Performance into practiceWed 27 Feb 2013
- Visionary green leadership just part of the design at Bowden Urban VillageWed 13 Feb 2013