Changes to the Green Building Council of Australia’s Constitution
Following a governance review, the Board of Directors agreed that changes to the GBCA’s Constitution were appropriate.
These changes were put to the GBCA membership on Tuesday 1 September at an Extraordinary General Meeting, and received unanimous support.
The changes are in relation to certain rules regarding directors and membership, and:
- Remove barriers to directorship to ensure optimal representation on the board
- Require all directors to be subject to election by members and to the rotation rules
- Move certain requirements relating to board meetings, the tenure of the chair and of directors to the Board Charter in recognition that some flexibility is at times desirable
- Remove the exclusion of trade associations to membership.
The changes will enable the GBCA to attract a wider range of talented and experienced directors to further our ambitious strategic agenda.
The changes open membership to all like-minded organisations, provided they meet the GBCA’s membership requirements. The only exclusion is individuals.
If you have any questions regarding the changes, please contact the GBCA’s Company Secretary, Lynne Harman.
Legal & Company Secretary
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 02 8239 6246
Mobile: 0408 669 432
Email: [email protected]
In This Section
- Taking Charge of ChangeThu 30 Jun 2016
- A word from Rom - What makes a city great?Fri 20 Nov 2015
- A word from Rom - Shake it upWed 21 Oct 2015
- World Green Building Week 2015 wrap upWed 21 Oct 2015
- Notice of 2015 Annual General MeetingTue 20 Oct 2015
- A word from Rom - A springboard to sustainable successMon 19 Oct 2015
- Changes to the Green Building Council of Australia’s ConstitutionWed 2 Sep 2015
- A word from Rom - Opportunities aboundMon 24 Aug 2015
- Leadership leaves a legacyThu 20 Aug 2015
- GBCA makes submission on changes to National Construction CodeThu 20 Aug 2015