GBCA welcomes new rating system for sustainable infrastructure
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) has welcomed the introduction of the nation’s first rating scheme for sustainable infrastructure projects.
The Australian Green Infrastructure Council (AGIC) has today launched the Infrastructure Sustainability Rating Scheme, comprised of a rating tool, assessment process and education and training programs.
“The Green Building Council of Australia supports AGIC’s mission to advance sustainability in the design, construction and operation of Australia’s infrastructure, and is pleased to see the release of this new rating tool to drive industry transformation and innovation,” says Chief Executive of the GBCA, Romilly Madew.
“We know from operating Green Star, Australia’s national, holistic environmental rating system for buildings and communities, that rewarding leadership in sustainability drives the uptake of more sustainable processes, fosters innovation and encourages emerging new markets.”
The Infrastructure Sustainability Rating Scheme measures the sustainability of infrastructure projects across the ‘triple bottom line’ of economic, environmental and social criteria.
The AGIC’s scheme can be applied to a broad range of infrastructure types, such as roads and bridges, ports, harbours and airports, energy infrastructure, water storage and supply, communication transmission and distribution.
“We look forward to continuing our relationship with AGIC to further our joint commitment to transform Australia’s built environment,” Ms Madew concludes.
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 0412 179 135
In This Section
- 40% increase in certifications confirms sustainability is here to stayWed 16 Dec 2015
- Climate pact a critical step on the low-carbon pathwayMon 14 Dec 2015
- Net zero the next step for green building movementMon 7 Dec 2015
- South Australia on the path towards carbon zeroTue 1 Dec 2015
- International leadership award for Australia’s greenest starMon 23 Nov 2015
- Leading the way with Australia’s most sustainable communitiesThu 19 Nov 2015
- 80,000 mid-tier buildings under the energy productivity spotlightWed 18 Nov 2015
- Kathmandu set to open Australasia’s first Green Star storeThu 12 Nov 2015
- Royal collaboration delivers Australia’s first 6 Star residential buildingThu 5 Nov 2015
- 1000 Green Star ratings equals 14 million sqm of green spaceThu 29 Oct 2015