Executive management appointments
In response to growing demand for its services across the country, the Green Building Council of Australia has announced an expansion of its executive management team.
Appointments to the new positions of Executive Director and Green Star Director were today announced by GBCA Deputy Chair and Victorian Building Commissioner, Tony Arnel, at a Melbourne event to mark the GBCA's 4th birthday.
"I am pleased to announce the appointment of David Craven and Suzie Guthridge to fill the positions of Executive Directors, and Michelle Malanca has taken on the role of Green Star Director," Mr Arnel said.
Mr Arnel said the role of the Executive Directors will be to provide high level support to the Chief Executive in meeting the needs of the growing membership across the country, as well as assisting with the GBCA's advocacy, marketing and business activities.
The Green Star Director will be responsible for overseeing the growing demand for Green Star tool development, certification and review.
"In just four years the Green Building Council has gone from a start up operation to Australia's leading authority on green buildings with a rapidly growing membership," Mr Arnel said.
"We are also seeing an overwhelming demand for our Green Star environmental rating tools, Green Star certification, Green Star training, and our participation in a wide range of industry events, on top of our ongoing advocacy activities," he said.
"With our new expanded management team the Green Building Council will be well positioned to meet this demand and to ensure we can provide an even better service for our members across the country."
Media contact: Sarah Turner 0416 147 534
In This Section
- Will the Gold Coast Commonweath Games deliver a lasting legacy?Thu 16 May 2013
- There's a tiny little light at the end of the tunnel for Australia's urban infrastructureWed 15 May 2013
- Green Star rating tool for public buildings helps keep budgets in the blackTue 14 May 2013
- Start of a new, national conversation about a sustainable AustraliaThu 9 May 2013
- A new deal for urban infrastructureThu 2 May 2013
- Community engagement the key to better citiesThu 18 Apr 2013
- New WA Department for Communities a welcome stepFri 12 Apr 2013
- Melbourne leads the nation in sustainable planning, but the 20-minute city may remain a dreamWed 10 Apr 2013
- HASSELL studio set to achieve Australia's newest Green Star ratingThu 28 Mar 2013
- First Queensland project signs up for Green Star - CommunitiesWed 13 Mar 2013