Build It Back Green is live
Build It Back Green, supported by the Green Building Council of Australia, is a new global movement which recognises that scientific predictions of more intense severe weather are becoming a reality. Each major event offers the opportunity to break the greenhouse emissions cycle if we rebuild with a reduced carbon footprint. This website has been designed to help Victorian communities recovering from the Black Saturday bushfires to build their homes back in an affordable and sustainable manner.
The goal of Build It Back Green is to make you aware of the lowest cost green rebuilding techniques, focusing on energy efficiency, water savings and indoor air quality. As other extreme weather events occur around Australia, this website will grow and as stories are shared, and knowledge gained, Build It Back Green hopes to make sustainable rebuilding the norm.
Build It Back Green, an initiative from Green Cross Australia values the contribution of their major partner, the Green Building Council of Australia.
In This Section
- Taking Charge of ChangeThu 30 Jun 2016
- A word from Rom - What makes a city great?Fri 20 Nov 2015
- A word from Rom - Shake it upWed 21 Oct 2015
- World Green Building Week 2015 wrap upWed 21 Oct 2015
- Notice of 2015 Annual General MeetingTue 20 Oct 2015
- A word from Rom - A springboard to sustainable successMon 19 Oct 2015
- Changes to the Green Building Council of Australia’s ConstitutionWed 2 Sep 2015
- A word from Rom - Opportunities aboundMon 24 Aug 2015
- Leadership leaves a legacyThu 20 Aug 2015
- GBCA makes submission on changes to National Construction CodeThu 20 Aug 2015