New Industry Engagement team
Following a positive response from our members to various industry engagement exercises that the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) has conducted in the last 12 months, two new industry engagement representatives, Toufik Refki and Tanya Parker, have been appointed to work closely with members and accelerate green building around the country.
Tanya Parker joins us from Jones Lang LaSalle in South Australia, where she was the Manager of Valuation and Advisory Services. Tanya's business acumen, experience in commercial property, and knowledge and passion for sustainability will be valuable assets for the GBCA and our members.
Toufik Refki has been relocated from the GBCA's Certification team. He has a deep understanding of Green Star, having been a technical coordinator and project case manager since 2008. Toufik has also previously worked for Good Environment Choice Australia as a verification officer.
Toufik and Tanya will work with National Industry Engagement representative, Trudy-Ann King, who has a national focus and is responsible for industry engagement sector strategies. Trudy-Ann is an experienced green building advocate, having previously been the GBCA's State Manager for Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania, as well as the Asia Pacific Regional Manager for the World Green Building Council.
"We are confident this team, in conjunction with the broader Industry Engagement team, will add extra value to Green Building Council of Australia membership. Together, we are a powerful and active voice within the Australian property industry and will influence the future direction of green buildings and cities in our regions," says Executive Director, Suzie Barnett.
In This Section
- 40% increase in certifications confirms sustainability is here to stayWed 16 Dec 2015
- Climate pact a critical step on the low-carbon pathwayMon 14 Dec 2015
- Net zero the next step for green building movementMon 7 Dec 2015
- South Australia on the path towards carbon zeroTue 1 Dec 2015
- International leadership award for Australia’s greenest starMon 23 Nov 2015
- Leading the way with Australia’s most sustainable communitiesThu 19 Nov 2015
- 80,000 mid-tier buildings under the energy productivity spotlightWed 18 Nov 2015
- Kathmandu set to open Australasia’s first Green Star storeThu 12 Nov 2015
- Royal collaboration delivers Australia’s first 6 Star residential buildingThu 5 Nov 2015
- 1000 Green Star ratings equals 14 million sqm of green spaceThu 29 Oct 2015