What's new in Green Star?
Green Star is Australia's trusted mark of quality for the design and construction of sustainable buildings, fitouts and communities. Green Star has grown into a comprehensive rating system for all types of projects, from apartment buildings to schools, university buildings, hospitals, offices, shopping centres and industrial facilities.
Find out more about the latest Green Star initiatives:
- The Green Star - Public Building v1 rating tool is now available! This means that public building owners and users around Australia can now reap the benefits of of a Green Star certification for their libraries, youth centres, museums, art galleries, performing arts centres, theatres, law courts and places of worship.
- Released in late 2012, Green Star - Interiors PILOT rating tool is helping interior fitout designers and developers to create healthier, more sustainable fitouts for Australia's hospitals, schools, shops, hotels and offices.
- Are you a GBCA member? You can now view all Green Star technical manuals and submission guidelines online and for free via our Green Star Technical Manual Viewer service!
- Australia's sustainability story doesn't stop at buildings - released in mid 2012, the Green Star - Communities PILOT rating tool provides best practice benchmarks and third-party verification of the sustainabilty of community and precinct-level developments.
- Not all projects fit the mould - that's why we've introduced our Green Star Custom Rating Tool Development Service. We've worked with organisations including McDonald's Australia, Stockland Retirement Living, Rock Development Group and Coles Supermarkets to develop custom rating tools for their mixed-use or specialised projects.
- Find out how Green Star - Performance will give building owners and managers all the information they need to cost-effectively improve their assets, reduce their overheads, reduce productivity and more.
- Read how we're making Green Star simpler, faster, more consistent and more cost effective with Green Star Revolution!