Business Benefits - Lower operating costs
Lower operating costs
Green buildings are built for high energy and water efficiency, so they are cheaper to operate. Green buildings achieve energy savings of at least 20-30% when compared with industry standards - and sometimes much more.
The Szencorp Building at 40 Albert Road in South Melbourne, for instance, was the first existing office refurbishment in Australia to be awarded a 6 Star Green Star - Office Design rating, and has reported energy savings of over 70% after two years of operation.
"Since moving from our old 4,500sqm office space to our new 7,800sqm space in Green Square North Tower, our monthly energy bills have dropped from an average of $12,000 to approximately $8,000 per month. For us, this is positive proof that moving to a green building was a smart financial decision."
Rebecca Ernst, Support Services Manager, Cardno
In This Section
- What is Green Star?Tue 11 Jun 2013
- Commercial Building Disclosure schemeTue 31 May 2011
- BackgroundWed 1 Apr 2009
- Green Star rating tool categoriesWed 1 Apr 2009
- Green Star rating calculationWed 26 Mar 2008
- Development of Green Star rating toolsThu 19 Jun 2008
- Business Benefits - Lower operating costsWed 20 May 2009
- Business Benefits - Higher return on investmentWed 20 May 2009
- Business Benefits - Greater Tenant AttractionWed 20 May 2009
- Business Benefits - Enhanced marketabilityWed 20 May 2009