The 100K House, developed by Postgreen, in Philadelphia, USA
The 100K House was the LEED for Homes Project of the Year in 2010. The goal was to build a LEED home for less than US$100 per square foot in hard construction costs (labour and materials).
Wherever possible the team tried to reduce the complexity and level of finishes until they had a clean, modern, simple home. They then focused on those areas of green building where there was seen to be the most value: location, site and energy efficiency.
The result was a 1,150 square foot LEED Platinum home built for just under US$100 per square foot. So far this home has exceeded expectations in energy use and occupant comfort.
In This Section
- BHP Billiton City Square - Main TowerThu 21 Nov 2013
- The Key Spec 1, Keysborough VICTue 15 Oct 2013
- 2 Victoria Avenue, PerthTue 17 Sep 2013
- Sydney Water Corporate HeadquartersTue 20 Aug 2013
- The University of Melbourne Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and ImmunityMon 17 Jun 2013
- Lifestyle Working Collins Street, Melbourne VICThu 20 Jun 2013
- The Corso North LakesWed 15 May 2013
- McDonald’s Kilsyth South RestaurantThu 11 Apr 2013
- Monash University Briggs Hall & Jackomos HallWed 8 May 2013
- Green and ‘future proofed’: ISPT’s Green Star portfolioWed 10 Jul 2013