The Green Star Materials category consist of credits that facilitate and recognise the efficient use and management of building and fitout materials. Materials credits reward overall reductions to the amount of materials used, the reuse of building materials, and the specification of recycled and recyclable materials wherever possible.
The various environmental and human health impacts arising from building materials are reduced when use of virgin materials is limited and special attention is given to the selection of ecologically and health-preferable materials.
Green Star Materials credits aim to address and improve the environmental impacts of building products and materials by taking into consideration issues pertaining to the lifespan, lifecycle and end-use of these resources within Green Star certified projects.
Referencing Green Star in Product Literature
The GBCA Trade Mark Policy outlines the GBCA's requirements for references to the Green Star trade mark in product literature. All references to Green Star in product advertising must comply with the requirements set out under the 'Green Star Trademarks' page of the GBCA website.
Questions about Materials category credits? Contact us!
In This Section
- Materials CategoryWed 26 Nov 2014
- Life Cycle Assessment in Green StarWed 18 Nov 2015
- Reporting Criteria for Construction & Demolition Waste CreditFri 7 Jul 2017
- Recognised Product Certification SchemesMon 14 Nov 2016
- Revised Timber CreditFri 1 Dec 2017
- Best Practice Guidelines for PVCTue 28 Jul 2015
- Revised Green Star Steel CreditWed 26 Nov 2014
- Revised Green Star Concrete CreditWed 26 Nov 2014
- Fitout CalculatorsFri 19 Dec 2014