Green Star - Retail Centre v1
The Green Star - Retail Centre v1 rating tool assesses the environmental attributes of new and refurbished retail centres in Australia. It can be applied from the design phase of a project and up to two years from practical completion. The release of the tool represents a milestone in the assessment of environmental attributes of retail centres, and is expected to guide the industry toward more sustainable design practises.
Green Star - Retail Centre v1 replaces the Green Star - Shopping Centre Design PILOT tool. The new tool offers a version that includes revised environmental benchmarks and calculators tailored for the retail centre industry.
Registrations are now open, and projects that wish to be rated under this tool can now place an order for the Technical Manual. This will provide Compliance Requirements for both Design and As Built certification.
View the Green Star - Retail Centre v1 Technical Manual
Download the rating tool scorecard:
Green Star - Retail Centre v1
Updated: 13th August 2012* (Original release 28 August, 2008)
* Please ensure that you are working with the latest release of the Green Star - Retail Centre v1 rating tool. Green Star rating tools are updated when required. The release date of this tool is shown above. Green Star registered projects are permitted to use the release which was current at the date of registration, or later. Earlier releases must not be used.
Technical Clarifications & CIR Rulings
Documentation Guidelines for Retail Centre v1
Commuting Mass Transport Calculator Guide
Green Star - Retail Centre v1 Energy Calculator Guide*
Updated: 17 April 2009 (Original release 18 February, 2009)
* PDF file exceeds 7 MB. The file may take some time to download. We recommend saving the file to your computer rather than opening it from this location.
Registered project teams using the Green Star - Retail Centre v1 Energy Calculator Guide are requested to stay in regular contact with their Green Building Council of Australia Case Manager. During the PILOT period for this tool, there were several cases identified where the energy modelling did not recognise important elements of buildings and the Green Building Council of Australia is preparing an alternative modelling methodology to address these issues. If you think that your building might be disadvantaged by the energy modelling method outlined in the Energy Calculator Guide, please contact the project Case Manager for details of the alternatives available.
Man-1 Green Star Accredited Professional
Tra-4 Commuting Mass Transport credit
Revised 'Concrete' credit
Revised 'Steel' credit
Revised 'PVC' credit
Revised 'Timber' credit
Emi-5 Stormwater credit
Emi-8 Legionella credit
For note: The Green Star - Retail Centre v1 Energy Standard Practise Benchmark Methodology will be available to download soon. Projects interested in being certified are encouraged to download the tool and start using it as a guide while the other documentation needed is made available.
Green Star - Retail Centre v1 sponsors
Mirvac - Platinum
Sustainability Victoria (Vic Govt.) - Platinum
Westfield - Platinum
AMP Capital - Gold
Colonial First State (Gandel.) - Gold
Dept. Environment & Conservation (NSW Govt.) - Silver
EPA Queensland (QLD Govt.) - Silver
ING Real Estate Retail - Silver
Stockland - Silver
Lend Lease - Silver
In This Section
- Green Star Rating ToolsThu 1 Nov 2012
- Green Star - Public Building v1Fri 17 May 2013
- Green Star - Industrial v1Wed 20 Mar 2013
- Green Star - CustomFri 22 Mar 2013
- Green Star - PerformanceWed 7 Dec 2011
- Green Star rating tool statusWed 20 Jan 2010
- Green Star - Multi Unit Residential v1Wed 13 Feb 2013
- Green Star - Healthcare v1Wed 7 Nov 2012
- Green Star - Retail Centre v1Mon 13 Aug 2012
- Green Star - Education v1Fri 5 Apr 2013