Green Star – Performance Rating Tool
Categories and credits
Green Star – Performance assesses the operational performance of buildings. It provides a rigorous and holistic rating across the following nine impact categories:
Submission guidelines provide detailed information on credit aims, criteria, additional guidance, background information and resources. They are freely available to all members through the GBCA’s online viewer. A PDF copy can also be purchased by anyone for offline reading.
The scorecard is an interactive Excel spreadsheet that must be used by projects seeking Green Star certification. The scorecard provides a scoring tool for projects to keep track of their Green Star points claims. The scorecard is also used by the GBCA to provide the results of assessment.
A submission template is provided for each credit to guide project teams through the submission process. A submission template must be submitted for every credit that is being targeted by a project.
Calculators and guides
A number of credits require additional calculations to determine the number of points awarded. For these credits, a Green Star – Performance calculator has been developed. Select a calculator below to download.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Calculator
- Peak Demand Calculator
- Alternative Transport Calculators
- Transport Modes Calculator
- Potable Water Calculator
- Procurement and Purchasing Calculator
- Waste from Operations Calculator
- Waste from Refurbishments Calculator
- Ecological Value Calculator
- Stormwater Runoff Calculator
- Impacts from Refrigeration Calculator
To assist project teams to use the calculators, supplementary guides are provided. Select a guide below to download.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Calculator Guide
- Peak Demand Calculator Guide
- Potable Water Calculator Guide
A completed submission requirements checklist must be submitted by all projects teams during round 1 and round 2 submissions.
Green Star Team
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 02 8239 6200
Email: [email protected]