Green Star - Communities for our country’s future
The GBCA is proud to announce that the Green Star – Communities PILOT rating tool is now available following its industry release and official launch by Federal Minister for Infrastructure and Transport, The Hon. Anthony Albanese MP at Built Environment Meets Parliament (BEMP) 2012.
Community and urban development leaders are now in the process of registering their projects to pilot the rating tool, and senior staff from the GBCA are on the road, travelling the country to introduce Green Star – Communities to the market.
Stakeholders from across Australia have commended the PILOT rating tool’s release for its transformative potential and vision.
“This tool will help measure how developments stack up, and of course dramatically cut pollution and improve our quality of life. Building clean and green cities becomes easier with the release of this community rating tool,” said Senator Christine Milne of the Australian Greens.
Speaking at the PILOT rating tool’s industry release event, GBCA Chief Executive Romilly Madew emphasised the holistic nature of Green Star – Communities which assesses community and precinct-level projects against six categories: Liveability; Governance; Design; Economic Prosperity; Environment and Innovation.
“The difference for Green Star – Communities is that environmental sustainability is only one aspect. Social and economic sustainability are just as important, and by assessing projects more holistically, Green Star – Communities will go ‘beyond buildings’ to ensure better outcomes for people, the economy and the environment” said Ms Madew.
“Industry wide collaboration and support has allowed us to develop a practical, independent, national rating tool that will help us to create and shape sustainable Australian communities. I encourage everyone to visit the Green Star – Communities website to learn about the PILOT rating tool, provide your feedback, and explore all the ways that Green Star – Communities will help create liveable, resilient, diverse, adaptable and sustainable places for people.”
In This Section
- Communities Technical Review WorkshopsTue 11 Mar 2014
- Collaboration the key to sustainability successWed 17 Apr 2013
- Here comes the first of Sydney's new green icons...Wed 13 Feb 2013
- Nation’s First GSAP - CommunitiesWed 17 Oct 2012
- Green Star - Communities for our country’s futureTue 3 Jul 2012
- The 'loop' becomes first PILOT projectTue 3 Jul 2012
- Green Star - Communities PILOT rating tool officially releasedWed 4 Jul 2012
- Green Star - Communities PILOT rating tool Industry releaseMon 25 Jun 2012
- Green Star - Communities Business CaseTue 10 Apr 2012
- Green Star - Communities 'sneak peek' at Green Cities 2012Wed 4 Apr 2012