Assessment of Product Certification Schemes
The Assessment Framework for Product Certification Schemes (Framework) was released in June 2009, as part of the GBCA's ongoing review of the Green Star environmental rating system for buildings.
The Framework is the result of extensive dialogue with Green Star stakeholders, the appointment of an independent Expert Reference Panel and feedback from manufacturers and building industry professionals.
The GBCA has developed the Framework to:
- clarify best practice benchmarks and establish expectations for manufacturers and suppliers of fitout products, as well as for the certification schemes that are recognised through Green Star
- reduce the costs of product certification for manufacturers and suppliers
- reduce the costs and commercial barriers associated with Green Star fitouts.
In November 2013, following further stakeholder consultation, the Framework was expanded to accommodate further product group standards for cleaning products and paints, adhesives, sealants and carpets (relevant VOC requirements).
Fitout items, paints, adhesives and sealants which are certified by GBCA-recognised certification standards will contribute to achieving the Material Calculators, Fitout Calculators and the VOC credit in Green Star rating tools for design and construction. Cleaning products certified by GBCA recognised Cleaning Products standards will contribute to achieving the Green Cleaning credit in Green Star — Performance.
Criteria for Evaluating Product Certification Schemes (PDF 526KB - Updated 15/09/14)
Assessment Process for Product Certification Schemes (PDF 247KB - Updated 03/07/15)
Assessment Tool for Product Certification Schemes (XLS 387KB - Updated 20/11/13)
Assessment Tool Users Guide (PDF - 203KB Updated 20/11/13)
Senior Manager - Sustainability Services & Reporting
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 02 8239 6220
Email: [email protected]
In This Section
- Materials CategoryWed 26 Nov 2014
- Life Cycle Assessment in Green StarWed 18 Nov 2015
- Reporting Criteria for Construction & Demolition Waste CreditFri 7 Jul 2017
- Recognised Product Certification SchemesMon 14 Nov 2016
- Revised Timber CreditFri 1 Dec 2017
- Best Practice Guidelines for PVCTue 28 Jul 2015
- Revised Green Star Steel CreditWed 26 Nov 2014
- Revised Green Star Concrete CreditWed 26 Nov 2014
- Fitout CalculatorsFri 19 Dec 2014