Product Certification Project
The Assessment Framework for Product Certification Schemes was released in June 2009, as part of the GBCA's ongoing review of the Green Star environmental rating system for buildings.
The Assessment Framework is the result of extensive dialogue with Green Star stakeholders, the appointment of an independent Expert Reference Panel and feedback from manufacturers and building industry professionals.
The GBCA has developed the Assessment Framework to:
- clarify best practice benchmarks and establish expectations for manufacturers and suppliers of fitout products, as well as for the certification schemes that are recognised through Green Star
- reduce the costs of product certification for manufacturers and suppliers
- reduce the costs and commercial barriers associated with Green Star fitouts.
Products and materials which are certified by GBCA-recognised certification schemes will have greater access to the 'deemed to satisfy' compliance status within the Green Star Material Calculators.
Product Certification Project - Background and Outcomes
Pre-Registration Review Application Form (for Assessment of Product Certification Schemes)
GBCA Trade Mark Policy (Referencing Green Star® in Product Literature)
Part I - Criteria for Evaluating Product Certification Schemes v3
(Last Updated 05th August 2010)
Material Calculators 2.0 release for public comment (21 October 2010)
In This Section
- Materials CategoryFri 2 Nov 2012
- Discussion Paper: Life Cycle Assessment in Green StarThu 23 Aug 2012
- Revised Green Star Concrete CreditTue 11 Sep 2012
- Fitout CalculatorsWed 19 Dec 2012
- Product Certification SchemesTue 23 Apr 2013
- Achieving points with Green Star Materials CalculatorsThu 26 Aug 2010
- Forest Certification SchemesFri 1 Feb 2013
- Revised Timber CreditTue 21 Feb 2012
- Revised Green Star PVC CreditThu 27 Oct 2011
- Revised Green Star Steel CreditMon 18 Jun 2012