Product Certification Project
The Assessment Framework for Product Certification Schemes (Framework) was released in June 2009, as part of the GBCA's ongoing review of the Green Star environmental rating system for buildings.
The Framework is the result of extensive dialogue with Green Star stakeholders, the appointment of an independent Expert Reference Panel and feedback from manufacturers and building industry professionals.
The GBCA has developed the Framework to:
- clarify best practice benchmarks and establish expectations for manufacturers and suppliers of fitout products, as well as for the certification schemes that are recognised through Green Star
- reduce the costs of product certification for manufacturers and suppliers
- reduce the costs and commercial barriers associated with Green Star fitouts.
In November 2013, following further stakeholder consultation, the Framework was expanded to accommodate further product group standards for cleaning products and paints, adhesives, sealants and carpets (relevant VOC requirements).
Fitout items, paints, adhesives and sealants which are certified by GBCA-recognised certification standards will contribute to achieving the Material Calculators, Fitout Calculators and the VOC credit in Green Star rating tools for design and construction. Cleaning products certified by GBCA recognised Cleaning Products standards will contribute to achieving the Green Cleaning credit in Green Star — Performance.
Criteria for Evaluating Product Certification Schemes (PDF 526KB - Updated 20/11/13)
Assessment Process for Product Certification Schemes (PDF 247KB - Updated 20/11/13)
Assessment Tool for Product Certification Schemes (XLS 387KB - Updated 20/11/13)
Assessment Tool Users Guide (PDF - 203KB Updated 20/11/13)
Green Building Council of Australia
In This Section
- Materials CategoryMon 23 Sep 2013
- Discussion Paper: Life Cycle Assessment in Green StarMon 23 Sep 2013
- New Reporting Criteria for Construction & Demolition Waste CreditThu 18 Jul 2013
- Revised Green Star Concrete CreditTue 11 Sep 2012
- Fitout CalculatorsWed 19 Dec 2012
- Product Certification SchemesTue 19 Nov 2013
- Achieving points with Green Star Materials CalculatorsThu 26 Aug 2010
- Forest Certification SchemesThu 27 Jun 2013
- Revised Timber CreditTue 21 Feb 2012
- Revised Green Star PVC CreditThu 27 Oct 2011