The Materials Category of the Green Star rating tools consist of Credits which target the consumption of resources through selection, use, reuse and efficient management practices of building and fitout materials. The credits reward reduction, reuse and the use of recycled and recyclable materials wherever possible.
The various environmental and human health impacts arising from building materials are reduced when use of virgin materials is limited and special attention is given to the selection of ecologically and health-preferable materials.
Green Star Material credits aim to address and improve the environmental impacts of building products and materials by taking into consideration issues pertaining to the lifespan, lifecycle and approach towards the use of these resources within the building fabrics of Green Star certified projects.
Referencing Green Star in Product Literature
The GBCA Trade Mark Policy outlines the GBCA's requirements for references to the Green Star trade mark in product literature. All references to Green Star in product advertising must comply with the requirements set out under the 'Green Star Trademarks' page of the GBCA website.
Questions? Contact Materials@gbca.org.au
In This Section
- Materials CategoryFri 2 Nov 2012
- Discussion Paper: Life Cycle Assessment in Green StarThu 23 Aug 2012
- Revised Green Star Concrete CreditTue 11 Sep 2012
- Fitout CalculatorsWed 19 Dec 2012
- Product Certification SchemesTue 23 Apr 2013
- Achieving points with Green Star Materials CalculatorsThu 26 Aug 2010
- Forest Certification SchemesFri 1 Feb 2013
- Revised Timber CreditTue 21 Feb 2012
- Revised Green Star PVC CreditThu 27 Oct 2011
- Revised Green Star Steel CreditMon 18 Jun 2012