L.L. BEAN, Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States
This case study is a retail store interior fit-out which is LEED Silver certified through the USGBC, which uses 40% less energy than comparable facilities and which diverted 94% of construction waste away from landfill to recycling.
When L.L. Bean went to the drawing board to design its new Mansfield, MA retail location, the outdoor equipment company kept its core customer base in mind. Recognizing that their customers have a strong affinity for nature and the outdoors, L.L. Bean decided its retail store should embody those values, and challenged its architects to design a store that could demonstrate to its customers what a sustainably designed retail environment should be. The
LEED for Retail: Commercial Interiors rating system was the ideal fit.
Read more about L.L. Bean case study.
In This Section
- Lifestyle Working Collins Street, Melbourne VICTue 21 May 2013
- The Corso North LakesWed 15 May 2013
- McDonald’s Kilsyth South RestaurantThu 11 Apr 2013
- Monash University Briggs Hall & Jackomos HallWed 8 May 2013
- Green and ‘future proofed’: ISPT’s Green Star portfolioTue 12 Feb 2013
- Affinity Village Club House, WATue 22 Jan 2013
- Metcash Distribution Centre (NSW)Wed 19 Dec 2012
- Darling QuarterWed 21 Nov 2012
- The GPT Group Head Office FitoutWed 21 Nov 2012
- Flinders Medical Centre: New South WingThu 11 Apr 2013