L.L. BEAN, Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States
This case study is a retail store interior fit-out which is LEED Silver certified through the USGBC, which uses 40% less energy than comparable facilities and which diverted 94% of construction waste away from landfill to recycling.
When L.L. Bean went to the drawing board to design its new Mansfield, MA retail location, the outdoor equipment company kept its core customer base in mind. Recognizing that their customers have a strong affinity for nature and the outdoors, L.L. Bean decided its retail store should embody those values, and challenged its architects to design a store that could demonstrate to its customers what a sustainably designed retail environment should be. The
LEED for Retail: Commercial Interiors rating system was the ideal fit.
Read more about L.L. Bean case study.
In This Section
- BHP Billiton City Square - Main TowerThu 21 Nov 2013
- The Key Spec 1, Keysborough VICTue 15 Oct 2013
- 2 Victoria Avenue, PerthTue 17 Sep 2013
- Sydney Water Corporate HeadquartersTue 20 Aug 2013
- The University of Melbourne Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and ImmunityMon 17 Jun 2013
- Lifestyle Working Collins Street, Melbourne VICThu 20 Jun 2013
- The Corso North LakesWed 15 May 2013
- McDonald’s Kilsyth South RestaurantThu 11 Apr 2013
- Monash University Briggs Hall & Jackomos HallWed 8 May 2013
- Green and ‘future proofed’: ISPT’s Green Star portfolioWed 10 Jul 2013