What is a Green Star project?
A Green Star project is one that has been certified under the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)'s Green Star rating system for its reduced environmental impact.
The project can be a building, a number of buildings, or a fit-out. The certification is given to new projects, or to projects that have gone through extensive renovations.
What is Green Star?
Created and administered by the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA), Green Star is Australia's only national and voluntary environmental rating system for the built environment.
Evaluating the design, construction and performance of a range of building types from office fit-outs to healthcare facilities, shopping centres and schools, the Green Star rating system helps transform the Australian landscape through the adoption of more sustainable building practices.
Green Star is growing and GBCA will release three new rating tools to revolutionise the built environment. Green Star - Communities, Performance and Custom will unlock a wider range of the urban landscape for environmental assessment and improvement, targeting community precincts, operational performance and all buildings currently outside the scope of existing Green Star tools.
There is currently more than 4 million square metres of Green Star certified space around Australia, with a further 8 million square metres of Green Star registered space awaiting certification. Learn more.
Keeping informed and getting involved:
GBCA and Green Star extend far beyond just building certification.
Keep informed about the latest in the green building industry and make the most of your Green Star rating by getting involved in one of the many exciting GBCA projects or events happening across Australia.
Here are just some of the great things you can be a part of:
- Become a member - GBCA member [link] organisations have access to a host of benefits and advantages.
- Attend a course - GBCA has a range of CPD courses [link] to keep you informed on the latest research, designs, trends and technologies impacting the industry.
- Join us at a networking event - get to know your colleagues in the green building community at a GBCA event.
- Shape Green Star - participate in a Green Star Technical Working Group and help improve the rating tools shaping your environment.
- Become a sponsor - GBCA members can increase their industry profile by sponsoring GBCA events and the development of Green Star tools.
GBCA Marketing Team
P: +612 8239 6200
E: [email protected]
In This Section
- Marketing a Green Star ProjectTue 24 Jun 2014
- What is a Green Star project?Mon 20 Jun 2011
- Marketing a REGISTERED Green Star projectThu 9 Aug 2012
- Marketing a CERTIFIED Green Star projectTue 2 May 2017
- Green Star certificatesSat 20 Sep 2014
- Green Star certification plaquesMon 20 Oct 2014
- Green Star Trade MarksTue 2 May 2017