Business Benefits - A healthier place to live and work
A healthier place to live and work
Green buildings are healthy buildings. Greening America's Schools found that green schools and universities deliver a 41.5% improvements in health of students and teachers (such as reduced incidence of asthma, 'flu, respiratory problems and headaches), as much as 15% improvement in student learning and productivity and an impressive 25% improvement on test scores from good lighting and ventilation.
Healthy buildings are even more critical in hospitals. Patients benefit from the natural light and cleaner, fresher air that are the foundation stones of green buildings, and healthcare professionals are seeing accelerated recovery rates as a result. Even office workers are finding green buildings health buildings. The people at 500 Collins Street in Melbourne are now taking 39% less sick days each month, thanks to their green building.
In This Section
- What is Green Star?Tue 11 Jun 2013
- Commercial Building Disclosure schemeTue 31 May 2011
- BackgroundWed 1 Apr 2009
- Green Star rating tool categoriesWed 1 Apr 2009
- Green Star rating calculationWed 26 Mar 2008
- Development of Green Star rating toolsThu 19 Jun 2008
- Business Benefits - Lower operating costsWed 20 May 2009
- Business Benefits - Higher return on investmentWed 20 May 2009
- Business Benefits - Greater Tenant AttractionWed 20 May 2009
- Business Benefits - Enhanced marketabilityWed 20 May 2009