Site Tour: Key Worker Housing Bowden
Take a tour with the project team behind a visionary development which provides Green Star-rated housing that is easy on the environment and the resident’s pocket.
A vision of Unity Housing and BuildTec, this development offers priority access to affordable housing for essential services workers – such as emergency services personal, teachers and nurses – close to the community they work in. This helps to alleviate the impacts of urban sprawl and is part of a greater vision for Bowden to become a vibrant and well-serviced community.
This 26 home development also prioritises the health and wellbeing of these residents. Achieving a 5 Star Green Star – Design rating, each home offers ample natural light, large overhangs and a healthy airflow centred around an open air communal space.
Other sustainability features include;
- Recycled water line reticulated to all toilets and clothes washers
- Large portion of structure constructed from precast concrete
- Remedial steps taken to decontaminate land before construction
- Improvement to the ecological value of the site
Green Star ratings
- 5 Star Green Star – Multi Unit Residential Design v1
Site tour leaders
- Adam Mellow, Executive Manager – Assets, Unity Housing Company
- Adam Greaves, National Sustainability Leader, Lucid Consulting
- Michael Carrocci, Construction Director, Build Tec
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non Member /
LocationLot 162 Seventh Street
Bowden, SA 5007
(Meeting Point: Ground Floor Foyer - marked by the GBCA banner)