Meet the Stars - Caloundra South
Join us as we ‘Meet the Stars’ of Caloundra South, a proposed master planned development on the Sunshine Coast targeting a 6 Star Green Star—Communities PILOT rating.
This event will focus on the Green Star—Communities rating tool and will introduce you to the challenges and opportunities presented when targeting a Communities rating.
Members of the Caloundra South project team will provide insights on their experience, including:
- What has been done differently using Green Star Communities compared to business as usual?
- How Stockland is engaging differently with their range of stakeholders as a result of using Green Star Communities and
- The benefits of using of Green Star—Communities rating tool.
Who should attend?
- Local Governments
- ESD consultants
- Planning consultants
Plus anyone interested in working with the Green Star—Communities rating tool.
- Mark Stephens, Senior Development Manager, Stockland
- Reanna Harper, Environment and Sustainability Consultant, Arup
- Brad Dalrymple, Manager Urban Water Group, BMT WBM
- Jorge Chapa, Executive Director Green Star Development and Operations GBCA (Moderator)
Book now to earn 2 Communities CPD points.
About Caloundra South:
Developed by Stockland, Caloundra South is designed to become an exemplar of sustainable community, with equal emphasis on environmental, social and economic outcomes. To guide this process Stockland is targeting a 6 Star Green Star Communities PILOT rating.
Located on 2,310 hectares, the development site has presented a number of hurdles for the project team, including environmental challenges from adjacent Ramsar-listed wetlands and site approvals that were subject to review by both state and federal government.
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non-Member /
- Member group of 5 /
- Non-member group of 5 /
CPD Points2 Green Star CPD point(s).
WhenThu 26 Jun, 2014
7.30am - 9.00am (7.15am registration)
LocationUQ Business School Executive Education Venue
Level 19, Central Plaza One
345 Queen Street, BRISBANE QLD 4000