Accelerating District-Scale Development: A One Day EcoDistricts Training For Urban Development Practitioners
EcoDistrict Practitioners: Accelerating District-Scale Sustainability is aimed at equipping professionals and communities with the tools to revitalise their cities from the neighbourhood up. Led by Adam Beck, Program Director of EcoDistricts, participants will discuss and discover:
- organisational models for engagement and governance
- funding mechanisms that support EcoDistricts
- public policies to advance EcoDistricts within a community
- methods for assessing performance and prioritizing project implementation.
Who should attend - Public policymakers, urban designers, developers, academics and community-based organisations and anyone with an interest in sustainable communities. You will also earn 12 CPD points towards your Communities Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP) status.
About EcoDistricts and Green Star Communities – GBCA is a founding member of EcoDistricts, along with a handful of leading global organisations seeking to invest in creating the conditions and tools for accelerating district scale sustainable development. The Green Star – Communities rating tool and the EcoDistricts framework provide planners, designers and developers a complementary set of tools to effectively establish best practice benchmarks for their projects, as well as provide a framework for strategy implementation.
What is an EcoDistrict? An EcoDistrict is a new model of public-private partnership that emphasises innovation and deployment of district-scale best practices to create the neighbourhoods of the future - resilient, vibrant, resource efficient and just.
- Define an EcoDistrict and its outcomes and benefits
- Identify key opportunities in your community to develop an EcoDistrict strategy
- Evaluate organisational models for engagement and governance in EcoDistricts
- Understand funding mechanisms that support EcoDistricts
- Analyse public policy crafted to support EcoDistricts
- Apply methods for assessing EcoDistricts to determine projects priorities
Places are strictly limited to 25 people - book before Wednesday 26 February to secure your spot!
- Member /
- Non-Member /
CPD Points12 Green Star CPD point(s).
WhenThu 13 Mar, 2014
9.00am - 4.00pm (8.45am registration)
Level 10, 201 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000