Webinar: LCA Course - Building and Asset Life Cycle Impacts
GBCA and Edge Environment have partnered together to bring you a specialised training course focused on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
LCA is the most comprehensive method to assess the environmental impacts of products and assets throughout their lifetime. This leading assessment technique is now integrated into Green Star rating tools via innovation challenges and two LCA-based draft credits. So if you, or your clients, are working with Green Star, your project team needs to understand how to work with LCA.
About the course
Each module is tailored to a specific aspect of LCA and sustainable building. You can attend, one or all of the modules delivered face-to-face or via webinar. We encourage everyone to attend the introductory module, before attending the detailed modules.
Course leaders include:
Module 3 - Materials Life Cycle Impacts
A buildings impact over its whole lifetime is a complex interaction of embodied and operational impacts. Understand how to conduct a whole of building Life Cycle Assessment through review of case studies, examination of the steps involved and review of the key challenges you are likely to face. Get detailed insight in to how LCA can help you to optimise your design for best performance of the lifetime of your building. This module will be delivered over two sessions, you are required to attend both; Part 1: Monday 17th November, 3:00pm - 4:30pm and Part 2: Friday 21st November, 3:00pm - 4:30pm. Ticket price covers both modules.
- Understand whole of building LCA and how it is incorporated in the Materials Life Cycle Impacts credit
- Understand the steps required and the common challenges faced in carrying out a whole of building LCA
Who should attend?
Architects, designers and engineers.
Other LCA face-to-face modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability 25/09/2014
- Detailed Module - Product Transparency 3/11/2014
- Detailed Module - Materials Life Cycle Impacts 14/11/2014
Other LCA webinar modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability (29/09/2014)
- LCA - Product Transparency (Part 1 - 7/11/2014, Part 2 - 11/11/14)
- LCA - Sustainable Procurement and Strategy (Part 1 - 2/12/14, Part 2 - 4/12/2014)
|Member module 3||$199|
|Non Member module 3||$299|
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non-Member /
LocationPart 1: Monday 17th November, 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Part 2: Friday 21st November, 3:00pm - 4:30pm.
Ticket covers both parts