Green Star - Office Interiors v1.1
The GBCA has recently released a new Green Star – Interiors PILOT rating tool, which has been developed to assess and certify all fitout types. Office fitout teams will still be able to register their projects for certification under Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1 throughout the Green Star - Interiors PILOT phase. Once the PILOT process is complete, the use of the Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1 rating tool will be gradually phased out, with all fitout projects registering and gaining certification under Green Star – Interiors v1. Click here for more information about Green Star – Interiors.
The Green Star - Office Interiors v1.1 rating tool has been designed to help the owners, tenants and interior designers of commercial office building fitouts to gain third-party certification of the sustainable credentials of their projects. Since the release of the rating tool in 2005, more than 100 office fitouts across Australia have achieved Green Star – Office Interiors v1.1 certification.
Seven Materials Calculators have been developed to assess the environmental impacts of fitout items during their manufacture, use, and post-use phase.
The items are assessed for eco preferred content, durability, the product manufacturer's environmental management system, commitment to product stewardship, and whether the product is modular and/or designed for disassembly. Emissions of volatile organic compounds from paints, carpets, adhesives and sealants and office fitout items are covered within the Indoor Environment Quality category.
View the Green Star - Office Interiors v1.1 Technical Manual
Download the rating tool:
Green Star - Office Interiors v1.1 Scorecard
Updated: 22nd October 2013* (Original release 1 May, 2006)
Green Star - Office Interiors v1.1 Calculators
Updated: 13th September 2013* (Original release 1 May, 2006)
* Please ensure that you are working with the latest release of the Green Star - Office Interiors v1.1 scorecard. Green Star rating tool scorecards are updated when required, to incorporate improvements made by the Green Star Tool Development Team. The release date of this scorecard is shown above. Green Star registered projects are permitted to use the release which was current at the date of registration, or later. Earlier releases must not be used.
Guides & Additional Information
- Calculating point scores for Ene-2 Energy Improvement using the revised NABERS rating scale and results.
- NABERS Guide to Energy Estimation (Formerly known as 'ABGR validation protocol' referenced in Ene-1 and Ene-2)
- Commuting Mass Transport Calculator Guide (Tra-1 'Public Transport')
- Material Calculator Guide
- Approved Product Certification Schemes (Referenced in the Materials Category and the Material Calculator Guide)
- Green Star Photovoltaic Modelling Guidelines
Green Star - Office Interiors v1.1 sponsors
Flora Family Foundation
QLD Dept Public Works
Sustainable Energy Authority Victoria
Wilkhahn Asia Pacific
In This Section
- Green Star Rating ToolsFri 11 Oct 2013
- Green Star - Public Building v1Fri 22 Nov 2013
- Green Star - Industrial v1Thu 7 Nov 2013
- Green Star - CustomFri 22 Mar 2013
- Green Star - PerformanceWed 7 Dec 2011
- Green Star rating tool statusWed 20 Jan 2010
- Green Star - Multi Unit Residential v1Thu 7 Nov 2013
- Green Star - Healthcare v1Thu 7 Nov 2013
- Green Star - Retail Centre v1Thu 7 Nov 2013
- Green Star - Education v1Thu 7 Nov 2013