The GBCA and the Australian Institute of Architects
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) and the Australian Institute of Architects (the Institute) have a new relationship which means Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programs run by both organisations will now provide cross-accreditation of courses, events and activities that promote sustainability in the built environment.
This cooperative and mutually beneficial relationship is a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) which has taken effect since 1 September, 2011 and will be reviewed yearly. It is a 'gentleman's handshake' between Australia's leading authority on green building and the national body of Architects which will enhance the professional and technical knowledge of individuals.
"This relationship streamlines the CPD process, making it easier for architects to gain points in both the Institute and GBCA CPD programs. It recognises the commitment that our members have made to continually advance their green skills," says the Institute's Chief Executive Officer, David Parken.
CPD participants will receive recognition for green skills education and training they undertake with the CPD programs of either organisation. These mutually recognised courses will be listed, promoted and clearly identifiable on both the GBCA's and the Institute's website.
This relationship is a sign of the times and leads the way for the green building sector. "The GBCA and the Institute are dedicated to supporting the green skills development of architects across the industry," says Chief Executive of the GBCA, Romilly Madew. "This new agreement is an indicator of where the industry is heading. Green skills are no longer seen as an 'add on' but an integral requirement for people working in the built environment."
In This Section
- Green Star QualificationsFri 8 Nov 2013
- Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP) - Design & As BuiltThu 28 Nov 2013
- Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP) - CommunitiesFri 13 Dec 2013
- Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP) - PerformanceMon 25 Nov 2013
- Green Star Associate (GSA)Thu 28 Nov 2013
- Green Star CPD PointsFri 24 May 2013
- FeesTue 3 Jul 2012
- GSAP - Performance Online ExamTue 12 Nov 2013
- GSAP - Design & As Built Online ExamTue 12 Nov 2013
- GSAP - Communities Online ExamTue 12 Nov 2013