Green Star - Design & As Built Foundation Course.
This Foundation Course will introduce you to Green Star – Design & As Built, a universal rating tool to assess the design and construction of any building.
About the course
The Foundation course is a mix of independent study and participation in a full day training workshop. Course content is focused on the application of the Green Star – Design & As Built rating tool, the certification process and the business case for designing and constructing sustainable buildings.
By attending the course you will gain access to:
- A full day training workshop
- Foundation Course workbook
- The ‘Introduction to Green Star’ online module
- Green Star – Design & As Built Foundation Course exam.
The Green Star – Design & As Built Foundation Course is also the first step to becoming a Green Star Accredited Professional or a Green Star Associate, as part of the GBCA Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program. If you wish to become a GSAP you will need to pass the Green Star Accredited Professional Exam.View the exams fees and full details.
Who should attend?
We welcome anyone who is interested in working on a Green Star project. Course participants come from an increasingly diverse range of professions - including academics, architects, contractors/builders, cost planners, engineers, facilities managers, general managers, interior designers, landscape architects, marketing managers, policy advisers, product manufacturers, project managers, quantity surveyors and lawyers.
After completing this course participants will:
- Gain an overview of the Green Building Council Australia and Green Star rating tools.
- Recognise the impact that the design and construction of buildings has on the environment.
- Understand the business case for achieving a Green Star – Design & As Built rating
- Recognise the general eligibility requirements for buildings wishing to register for Green Star – Design & As Built certification.
- Be familiar with how the Green Star – Design & As Built rating tool works, including:
- the certification process and costs
- the categories and credits
- technical support, including Credit Interpretation Requests (CIRs), Technical Clarifications (TCs) and Green Star Rulings.
- how it integrates with other Green Star rating tools and services.
- Be familiar with how to market a Green Star project at different stages of the certification process.
- Understand how individuals can become a Green Star Associate or a Green Star Accredited Professional and the GBCA’s CPD program.
- Understand how organisations can interact with the GBCA by becoming GBCA members.
The training provided a good starting point for understanding the rating tool. It provided me with the skills I need to successfully apply the tool to future projects with which I may be involved.
- Alex Gold, Elton Consulting
As this course is a prerequisite to enrol in the CPD program, attendance at this course does not accrue any CPD points.
The Green Star – Design & As Built Foundation Course can also be delivered as an in-house course. Learn more about our in-house courses.
In This Section
- Climate Adaptation and Resilience Master-ClassMon 16 May 2016
- Green Star Courses and WorkshopsMon 18 Jul 2016
- Green Star - Performance Foundation CourseThu 15 Oct 2015
- Green Star - Design & As Built Foundation Course.Thu 15 Oct 2015
- Green Star Innovation CourseThu 15 Oct 2015
- Green Star - Communities Foundation CourseThu 15 Oct 2015
- In-House Green Star CoursesThu 30 Jul 2015