Green Star - Communities Foundation Course
The Green Star – Communities Foundation Course focuses on the fundamentals of the Green Star – Communities rating tool, including the business case for sustainable communities, the categories and credits within the Green Star – Communities rating tool, and the steps to register and certify a Green Star - Communities project.
An intensive half-day course, the format consists of a lecture, Q&A, case studies and small group activities, which provide an understanding of the application of the Green Star – Communities rating tool.
When you attend the Green Star – Communities Foundation Course you will:
- gain knowledge of the principles underpinning Green Star – Communities
- gain an awareness of how Green Star – Communities fits within the broader set of Green Star rating tools
- understand the eligibility requirements and the certification process
- understand how to use the Green Star - Communities Submission Guideline
- understand what the Green Star – Communities categories and credits aim to achieve
The Green Star – Communities Foundation Course is the first step to becoming a Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP). Involvement in the GBCA’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program will also help you to maintain your knowledge of Green Star, and stay in touch with latest trends and technologies in green building.
Is this the course for me?
The Green Star – Communities Foundation Course is a great introduction to the Green Star – Communities rating tool and sustainable urban design principles and practices. Participants come from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds including academics, architects, contractors/builders, cost planners, engineers, general managers, urban designers, town planners, landscape architects, policy advisers and project managers. We encourage anyone who works on a Green Star - Communities project in any capacity to attend.
These course fees includes tuition, course materials and a catered tea break.
The Green Star - Communities Foundation Course can also be delivered as an in-house course. Learn more about our in-house courses.
In This Section
- Climate Adaptation and Resilience Master-ClassMon 16 May 2016
- Green Star Courses and WorkshopsMon 18 Jul 2016
- Green Star - Performance Foundation CourseThu 15 Oct 2015
- Green Star - Design & As Built Foundation Course.Thu 15 Oct 2015
- Green Star Innovation CourseThu 15 Oct 2015
- Green Star - Communities Foundation CourseThu 15 Oct 2015
- In-House Green Star CoursesThu 30 Jul 2015