Mechanical Design with Sustainability in Mind
- How the design of a building impacts the mechanical systems
- Comfort and how people perceive comfort within a building and the applicable standards
- Back to basics on Mechanical systems including air conditioning and ventilation and how these systems operate
- Improvements that can be made to a building which will increase its thermal performance
- Review of a Hypothetical Building
- Phase change materials and how they could benefit buildings performance
- An overview of mechanical systems and why such systems are in place as well as the standards that must be adhered to
- Systems and measures that can be incorporated that will increase the buildings performance
- Emerging technology, how it works and how it can be applied
The theme of the presentation is the design of a building and how certain design principals can impact the mechanical services. This presentation shall give the target audience food for thought when it comes to a building design as it encourages an increase in insulation and glazing to help achieve lower U-values. It also promotes efficient and smart shading techniques and gives prime examples of the benefits that can be gained.
Author / Facilitator
About Robert Briody & Vlad Mykhailov
Robert is originally from Ireland having completed a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering there. He has worked as a Mechanical Engineer for the past 3.5 years and has been with Umow Lai since May 2016. â€¢ Vlad is originally from Ukraine but graduated as a Mechanical Engineer in Sydney. He has worked as a Mechanical Engineer for the past 3.5 years and has been with Umow Lai since August 2016.
This course is free of charge.
Course providered by:
Umow Lai Pty Ltd
Level 7, 657 Pacific Highway
St Leonards, NSW, 2065
Questions? Find out more about GBCA Education in the FAQs