Green Star - Communities Foundation Course
Wednesday 29th March 2017, 8:30am - 12:30pm
AECOM, 420 George St, Sydney, NSW
The Green Star – Communities Foundation Course teaches the fundamentals of the Green Star - Communities rating tool, in an intensive half-day format. Over four hours, participants learn about the business case for sustainable communities, the categories and credits within the rating tool, and the steps to register and certify a Green Star - Communities project.
The learning format consists of a lecture, Q&A, case studies and small group activities, which provide attendees with:
- knowledge of the principles underpinning Green Star – Communities
- an awareness of how Green Star – Communities fits within the broader set of Green Star rating tools
- an understanding of the eligibility requirements and the certification process
- an understanding of how to use the Green Star - Communities Submission Guideline; and
- an understanding of what the Green Star – Communities categories and credits aim to achieve.
The Green Star – Communities Foundation Course is also an important first step towards becoming a Green Star Accredited Professional (GSAP) – Communities.
Is this course for me?
The Green Star – Communities Foundation Course is a great introduction to the Green Star – Communities rating tool and sustainable urban design principles and practices. Participants come from a range of sectors and professional backgrounds including academics, architects, contractors/builders, cost planners, engineers, general managers, urban designers, town planners, landscape architects, policy advisers and project managers. We encourage anyone who works on a Green Star - Communities project in any capacity to attend.
This course is a prerequisite to enrol in the CPD program, attendance at this course will provide you with 3 CPD points.
The Australian Institute of Architects has allocated 4 formal CPD points for attendance at this course.
Education & Event Sponsor:
The course fee includes tuition, Green Star Communities Foundation Course Workbook, morning tea, as well as the Green Star Communities Foundation Course exam and CPD enrolment for the current financial year.
Payments and refunds policy:
- Notification of transfers must be made in writing not less than 10 working days prior to course/event.
- Cancellations should be made in writing and can only be made 10 days prior to course/event. Only 50% of payments shall be refunded.
- Full payment of the course needs to be made no later than a week prior to the course - if payment is not made a week prior to the course the GBCA reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- The full fee is payable for non-attendance. If you are unable to attend you may send a substitute.
- Refund cheques take up to 4 weeks to process and will be forwarded to participants by mail.
- The Green Building Council of Australia reserves the right to cancel any course that does not have the required enrolment numbers.
- The cost of this course includes the cost of the exam and CPD enrolment for the current financial year.
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non Member /
LocationAECOM - AU NSW Sydney - 420 George St - R.21.05 Bondi 24p
Questions? Find out more about GBCA Education in the FAQs