Green Star - Design & As Built Foundation Course
This Foundation Course will introduce you to Green Star – Design & As Built, a universal rating tool to assess the design and construction of any building.
About the course
The Foundation course is a mix of independent study and participation in a full day training workshop. Course content is focused on the application of the Green Star – Design & As Built rating tool, the certification process and the business case for designing and constructing sustainable buildings.
By attending the course you will gain access to:
- A full day training workshop
- Foundation Course workbook
- The ‘Introduction to Green Star’ online module
- Green Star – Design & As Built Foundation Course exam.
The Green Star – Design & As Built Foundation Course is also the first step to becoming a Green Star Accredited Professional or a Green Star Associate, as part of the GBCA Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program. If you wish to become a GSAP you will need to pass the Green Star Accredited Professional Exam. View the exams fees and full details.
Who should attend?
We welcome anyone who is interested in working on a Green Star project. Course participants come from an increasingly diverse range of professions - including academics, architects, contractors/builders, cost planners, engineers, facilities managers, general managers, interior designers, landscape architects, marketing managers, policy advisers, product manufacturers, project managers, quantity surveyors and lawyers.
After completing this course participants will:
- Gain an overview of the Green Building Council Australia and Green Star rating tools.
- Recognise the impact that the design and construction of buildings has on the environment.
- Understand the business case for achieving a Green Star – Design & As Built rating.
- Recognise the general eligibility requirements for buildings wishing to register for Green Star – Design & As Built certification.
- Be familiar with how the Green Star – Design & As Built rating tool works, including:
- the certification process and costs
- the categories and credits
- technical support, including Credit Interpretation Requests (CIRs), Technical Clarifications (TCs) and Green Star Rulings
- how it integrates with other Green Star rating tools and services
- Be familiar with how to market a Green Star project at different stages of the certification process.
- Understand how individuals can become a Green Star Associate or a Green Star Accredited Professional and the GBCA’s CPD program.
- Understand how organisations can interact with the GBCA by becoming GBCA members.
The training provided a good starting point for understanding the rating tool. It provided me with the skills I need to successfully apply the tool to future projects with which I may be involved.
- Alex Gold, Elton Consulting
This course is a prerequisite to enrol in the CPD program, attendance of the course will provide you with 3 Green Star CPD points.
Attendance of the course will also provide you with 7 CPD points for the Australian Institute of Architects CPD program - please contact them to claim your points.
The course fee includes tuition, Green Star Foundation Course Workbook, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, as well as the Green Star Foundation Course exam and CPD enrolment for the current financial year.
Payments and refunds policy:
- Notification of transfers must be made in writing not less than 10 working days prior to course/event.
- Cancellations should be made in writing and can only be made 10 days prior to course/event. Only 50% of payments shall be refunded.
- Full payment of the course needs to be made no later than a week prior to the course - if payment is not made a week prior to the course the GBCA reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- The full fee is payable for non-attendance. If you are unable to attend you may send a substitute.
- Refund cheques take up to 4 weeks to process and will be forwarded to participants by mail.
- The Green Building Council of Australia reserves the right to cancel any course that does not have the required enrolment numbers.
- The cost of this course includes the cost of the exam and CPD enrolment for the current financial year.
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non Member /
CPD Points3 Green Star CPD point(s).
WhenTue 8 Nov, 2016
9.00am - 5.00pm (8.45am registration)
Level 11 452 Flinders St, MELBOURNE VIC 3000
Questions? Find out more about GBCA Education in the FAQs