LCA Course: Sustainable Procurement and Strategy
Interested in seeing LCA in Melbourne? Please email us at [email protected]
Developed by GBCA and Edge Environment, this specialised training course is for any professional looking to upskill in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) - the most comprehensive method to assess the environmental impacts of products and assets throughout their lifetime.
LCA and Green Star
This leading assessment technique is now integrated into Green Star rating tools via Innovation Challenges and two LCA-based draft credits. So if you’re working with Green Star, your project team needs to understand how to work with LCA.
Delivered over a four-part series, each module is tailored to a specific aspect of LCA and sustainable building. You can attend, one or all of the modules delivered face-to-face. We encourage everyone to attend the introductory module, before attending the detailed modules.
Sustainable Procurement and Strategy – LCA Module 4
Sustainability in buildings is about more than design. A procurement process and strategy are critical to effectively embed sustainability into your businesses operations. In this module you will identify which procurement initiatives can have the maximum benefit to your organisation, environmentally, socially and economically.
Who should attend?
Green Star Accredited Professionals, architects, designers, engineers, developers, ESD consultants, building product manufacturers, sustainability managers, building product manufacturers, building product suppliers, product specifiers, procurement professionals, building product industry associations, property/building associations and other environmental specialists.
- Identify the key sustainability strategies relevant to the participants business
- Understand how LCA can be linked to supply chain management and sustainability strategy
- Understand sustainable procurement and international standards
- Understand the opportunity for innovation to reduce environmental impacts
Other LCA face-to-face modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability
- Detailed Module - Product Transparency and Sustainability
- Detailed Module – Building and Asset Life Cycle Impacts
- Future Green Leader /
- Member /
- Non Member /
Level 15, 179 Elizabeth St
Questions? Find out more about GBCA Education in the FAQs