LCA Course: Sustainable Procurement and Strategy
GBCA and Edge Environment have partnered together to bring you a specialised training course focused on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
LCA is the most comprehensive method to assess the environmental impacts of products and assets throughout their lifetime. This leading assessment technique is now integrated into Green Star rating tools via innovation challenges and two LCA-based draft credits. So if you, your customers or your suppliers, are working with Green Star, your project team needs to understand how to work with LCA.
About the course
Delivered over a four-part series, each module is tailored to a specific aspect of sustainable building. You can attend, one or all of the modules delivered face-to-face or via webinar.
We encourage you to attend as many sessions as possible.
Course leaders include:
- Danielle Mulder – Director Edge Environment
- Jacqui Bonnitcha - Principal Consultant, Edge Environment
Module 4 - Linking LCA to Sustainable Procurement and Strategy
Sustainability in buildings is about more than design. The procurement process, and the overarching sustainability strategy, can ensure that sustainability is efficiently integrated in to your businesses operations. A thorough approach to sustainability ensures that selected initiatives have the maximum benefit to your organisation, environmentally, socially and economically.
Who should attend?
Strategic thinkers, heads of sustainability, professionals working in the supply chain.
- Identify the key sustainability strategies relevant to the participant's business
- Understand how whole of life and triple-bottom line analysis is being applied strategically. Learn about how Social LCA, Social Return on Investment and Life Cycle Costing is being applied as part of whole of life analysis
- Understand sustainable procurement and international standards including BS-8903
- Understand how LCA can be linked to sustainable supply chain management
- Learn about leveraging sustainability to create innovation
Other LCA face-to-face modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability 25/09/2014
- LCA - Product Transparency 03/11/201
- LCA - Building and Asset Life Cycle Impacts 14/11/2014
Other LCA webinar modules
- Introductory Module - LCA and Sustainability 29/09/2014
- LCA - Product Transparency and Sustainability (Part 1 07/11/2014, Part 2 11/11/2014)
- LCA - Building and Asset Life Cycle Impacts(Part 1 17/11/2014, Part 2 21/11/14)
- LCA - Sustainable Procurement and Strategy (Part 1 2/12/2014, Part 2 4/12/14)
|Member module 4||$425|
|Non Member module 4||$550|
|Member package (all four face to face courses)||$1300|
|Non Member package (all four face to face courses)||$1800|
- Member /
- Non-Member /
This course is part of LCA Face to Face Courses Package Ticket.
CPD Points3 Green Star CPD point(s).
WhenWed 3 Dec 2014 9:00am - 12:00pm
Course: 9:00 am - 12:00pm
Level 15, 179 Elizabeth Street,