Case studies - designing for tropical climate and remote location
Gain the knowledge and skills to overcome the challenges of tropical and remote green building design in this tailored Master Class case study session.
Case studies - designing for tropical climates will tool you with the practical knowledge and tried-and-tested experience you need to achieve a successful Green Star outcome for your building. Learn from green building projects in Far North Queensland, Perth and Adelaide and avoid the costly hurdles faced by projects in remote, tropical and dry geographic locations.
Hosted by Robin Mellon, Executive Director - Advocacy and International, GBCA, this Master Class case study offers a helpful and informative guide to successful green building design, project management and certification requirements.
Executive Director - Advocacy and International
Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
Who should attend?
- ESD Consultants
- Town Planners
- Learn how to deliver sustainable outcomes and a 4 Star Green Star - Retail Centre certification in a tropical climate
- Learn how to deliver sustainable outcomes and a 4 Star Green Star - Office certification in a tropical climate
- Develop a skills and knowledge base to overcome challenges associated with remote locations and achieve a Green Star rating
- Gain practical advice on the budget management required to undertake a successful Green Star building
- Receive practical knowledge and advice on how to motivate clients to pursue a Green Star outcome.
1 CPD point is available.
Payments & Refunds Policy (for GBCA Courses)
- Notification of transfers must be made in writing not less than 10 working days prior to course/event.
- Cancellations should be made in writing and can only be made 10 days prior to course/event. Only 50% of payments shall be refunded.
- The full fee is payable for non-attendance. If you are unable to attend you may send a substitute.
- Refund cheques take up to 4 weeks to process and will be forwarded to participants by mail.
- The Green Building Council of Australia reserves the right to cancel any course that does not have the required enrolment numbers.
This course is part of Darwin Master Class. The following tickets are available:
CPD PointsThis course accrues 1 CPD points.
WhenThu 21 Jul 2011 9:30am - 10:00am
LocationLevel 5, Harbour View Plaza
8 McMinn Street (corner Bennett Street)
Questions? Find out more about GBCA Education in the FAQs