7. Information and awareness raising campaigns
7.1 Greening the Territory website
The Greening the Territory website is a one-stop site containing comprehensive information on the Government's policies and initiatives that will help achieve the Territory's target of becoming carbon-neutral by 2018.
The website lists all the incentives and financial assistance to government agencies, businesses, households and community groups - for projects that aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It also includes news and discussions of topics relevant to climate change.
The NT Government also provides funding for two community-based COOLmob programs aimed at educating and empowering individuals and households about how they can reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, improve their energy and water efficiency and adopt other elements of sustainable living. The program involves household energy and water audits as well as awareness raising activities.
In This Section
- Northern TerritoryFri 5 Nov 2010
- 1. Policy frameworkThu 24 Feb 2011
- 2. Leadership by exampleThu 24 Feb 2011
- 3. Demonstration ProjectsThu 24 Feb 2011
- 4. Financial incentivesThu 24 Feb 2011
- 5. RegulationThu 24 Feb 2011
- 6. Capacity buildingThu 24 Feb 2011
- 7. Information and awareness raising campaignsThu 24 Feb 2011