Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions govern your use of this Website. Use of our Website will mean that you accept these terms and conditions.
Your use of the Website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the terms, conditions, notices and disclaimers set in our "Terms and Conditions". Your use of the Website constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
2. Username and Password
Access to some services or content may require registration. This will result in you being allocated a username and password that must be used whenever requested. That username and password is personal to you and you agree at all times to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password and not to disclose them to any third party. You agree that you are solely responsible for any use of our Website by any person using your username and password. You agree to indemnify the Green Building Council of Australia (We or Us) against any and all claims arising out of your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your username or password.
You understand that we may for security and technical reasons at any time in our sole discretion and without prior notice to you, prohibit or restrict your access to our Website. We will notify you as soon as possible of any restriction to your access rights.
4. Payment terms
- Fees posted on this Website are accurate only as of the date posted, and are subject to change. For up-to-date fee information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- All prices and transactions processed on this Website are deemed to be effected in Australia and in Australian dollars only and, unless otherwise stated, include GST.
- For on-line orders we are only able to accept payment by MasterCard and Visa. Should you wish to pay by cheque please mail us your payment.
- If payment is made using a credit card issued outside Australia, any currency conversion will be done according to the terms and conditions of the card. There may be a current conversion fee charged by your card issuer. Credit card payments are processed through a Merchant Facility of our choosing.
5. Invoices and Receipts
For online bookings, numbered tax invoices are generated automatically when you apply for any or our services.
Manual service booking forms that total to less than AUD$1000 can be used as a tax invoice. Services booked should be paid prior to service being rendered. We reserve the right to cancel any unpaid bookings.
If you are no longer able to attend the event you have registered for, a substitute delegate may take your place. If you wish to cancel your registration, a full refund will be given if we are notified prior to the period stated on the tax invoice. Notification should be in writing (by email, letter or fax).
Refunds will not be given in any other circumstances except as required by law. Late cancellation of unpaid bookings will still incur the full payment indicated on tax invoice.
We reserve the right to cancel an event if minimum numbers are not reached. We also reserve the right to change the venue of an event.
We do not store credit card information on our Website or in our database. No actual card data is held or used by us.
8. Your privacy
9. Intellectual Property
We either own or otherwise have the right to use the intellectual property rights with respect to the content as well as in relation to our products and services (Intellectual Property). You acknowledge and accept that we are either the owner, or otherwise have the right to use our Intellectual Property and that you will not assert any claim or interest in or to our Intellectual Property, other than in relation to those rights which are expressly provided to you in these Website terms and conditions.
You may make any copies of any information reasonably incidental to your viewing of our Website and may retain a single permanent copy for your personal reference. The information may not otherwise be used, copied, reproduced, published, altered, transmitted in any form or by any means in whole or in part (except where by law such use cannot be prohibited) without our prior written approval.
- We make no warranty, expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, nor assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information on this Website.
- We disclaim (to the maximum extent permitted in law) all liability for any damage or loss resulting from your use of, or reliance on our Website or the information provided via the Website.
- We make no warranty that our Website will be free from viruses or any kind of malicious code whatsoever. Reference to any specific commercial product or service does not necessarily constitute or imply our endorsement or recommendation.
11. Trade Marks
All names, logos and trade marks are owned by us or by the third parties who have contributed to the Website. Nothing on the Website should be interpreted as granting any rights to use or distribute any names, logos or trade marks, without our express written agreement or that of the relevant contributor. Nothing displayed on the Website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trade mark without our express permission, or the express permission of the relevant third party contributor.
We are the copyright owner of the content of the Website or are licensed by the copyright owner to use the content on the Website. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) no part of the Website may be reproduced, adapted, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process (graphic, electronic or mechanical, including further copying, recording, taping or by a storage and information retrieval system) without our prior written consent.
We do not represent that any information (including any file) obtained from or through the Website is free from computer viruses or other faults or defects. It is your responsibility to scan any such information for computer viruses. We will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic), however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from any such information. To the extent that any liability may be imposed on us, it shall be limited to the cost of re-supplying that information.
14. Applicable law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New South Wales, Australia.
We may immediately terminate this agreement without liability if we reasonably believe you are in breach of these terms and conditions or if we wish to withdraw the Website or any part of it.
16. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any revised Terms and Conditions displayed on our Website from time to time will apply to your use of our Website, its content and any products or services we offer or supply.
If a court of competent jurisdiction rules that any part of these Terms and Conditions are unenforceable for any reason, then such ruling will not affect the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions which will remain in full force and effect at all times.