The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) has proudly taken a leadership role in the global green building industry, and has much to share with other countries and green building councils.
At the same time, we have much to learn by collaborating with our counterparts to promote green ideas, technologies and techniques - and work together to achieve a common goal for both buildings and communities.
By 2015, the GBCA's vision is:
- to be recognised internationally as a leader in green buildings and communities, especially around the Asia Pacific region
- that Green Star operates in international markets through licensing agreements
- to support development and growth of GBCs in the Asia Pacific and be an influential negotiator in the sectoral agreement for buildings.
We are working on a range of projects to support our international agenda, including:
- Actively engaging with the World Green Building Council (WorldGBC)
- Chairing the WorldGBC's Asia Pacific Network and Council Development Committee
- Hosting events to support World Green Building Week
- Supporting the establishment of the China GBC and its International Membership Scheme
- Mentoring emerging GBCs to help them build skills and capacity
- Participating in delegations and information-exchange programs
- Fostering collaboration on green building research, skills development and business change with other GBCs
- Presenting at international conferences and participating in trade expos
- Supporting the development of common carbon metrics for buildings and a global green building agreement
- Promoting Australian green building organisations to the international market through the Australian Green Building Industry Showcase.
Chief Operating Officer
Green Building Council of Australia
Phone: 02 8239 6214
Mobile: 0434 495 388
Email: [email protected]
In This Section
- Green Building Council of Australia’s contribution to World Green Building Council Collective Commitment for COP21 ParisMon 23 Nov 2015
- US Center for Green Schools releases 'Best Green Schools of 2011'Thu 15 Nov 2012
- Australian Green Building Industry ShowcaseMon 31 Oct 2011
- Presentation: Green Buildings In The New Green Economy, Toronto, October 2011Wed 5 Oct 2011
- International leadershipWed 5 Oct 2011
- Australian green building mission to Canada - September & October 2011Mon 11 Jul 2011
- Minister Rudd notes importance of GBCA / ChinaGBC collaborationTue 31 May 2011
- GBCA starts ChinaGBC on a journey of a thousand milesThu 16 Aug 2012
- Shift to green gathering pace in ChinaThu 26 May 2011
- China GBC International Corporate Membership SchemeMon 23 May 2011